Sunday, October 08, 2006

here's a couple of extracts from a work in progress. enjoy.

maybe that's all we can hope for. one, two, three, four, five seconds of pure unmediated joy, happiness, pain, sorrow, loneliness, whatever. maybe that's all we're after and that's all we need. and that if we have to lie, cheat, steal, fuck, fight, breathe, argue for that then that's enough. that art, addiction, prostitution, robbery, even murder and rape are ways in which we can reach that. that deep down we're all fucked up with nowwhere to go. that we're all searching for the same thing: a way to break through the artificialty. maybe that's all there is to being a human. who knows? whatever the answer (if there is one) it was certainly too much for Sam's seventeen year old mind to comprehend. particulary given the hour and his state. no at 6 on a saturtday morning there's only one thing on your mind and that's...sleep. well once the room stopped spinning and your stomach settled and the heart slowed down and the body started twitching there's one thing on your mind. and that's sleep. sleep and dreams. sleep and... sleep.


was sam sad? was he happy? hard to say. he felt his heart beating. he felt his chest being ripped apart. he felt like he was about to be thrown face first into a cave to which he and he alone would have to force his way out of. he felt so different. a week, an hour, ten minutes ago it had all been so...so flats not the right word but it will have to do... so just so and now... and now it was all just...just different. was sam sad? was he happy? hard to say all he knew was he was fucken terrified and he had felt like that before..

obviously the context helps but it would be great if you comment.

and another poem/prose piece

PROJECTILES

To the loud grunts of two guys fucking on screen we make out.
You ask if this is my first time, your hand reaching down my trousers.
I lie and say no.
Good, you reply massaging my hard on.
Want to go to a room? you ask.
I nod.
You lead me hand in hand.
Are you sure you want to do this? you ask shutting the door behind you.
Yes, I reply.
You sure? You ask again detecting the nervousness in my voice.
Yes, I reply making sure to sound confident.
Good, you reply reaching for my zip.
You pull out my cock and begin sucking.
I begin shaking.
Relax, you say. Relax.
I take a deep breathe.
And another.
And another.
Slowly but surely I feel my body relax.
Up and down you move your mouth. Up and down.
In my head I try and describe what it feels like.
I can’t. It’s... I don’t know. Words will never do it justice.
You pull back.
My cock pops out of your mouth.
You ask me to come all over your face.
I start masturbating.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven
Eight
Come! Come all over my face! you shout.
I try. I try. I try. But I can’t come.
You face is too beautiful to destroy with my white sticky liquid, besides I wouldn’t want you to walk around the city with the smell of me on you.
Sorry I say pulling up my trousers. It’s... it’s... I don’t know...
And I don’t for once.
That ‘s alright you say. Maybe some other time. Next time we’ll go to my place.
Yeah, I reply, maybe that’ll be better.
We both know it’s a lie. There will be no next time.
But somehow it’s the right thing to say.
It’s so perfect in it’s untruth. You turn and walk out the door, heading back to the lounge.
I turn and walk out the front door embarrased and more confused then ever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

paradigm, so beautiful ...

7:08 AM  
Blogger slatted light said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:04 AM  
Blogger slatted light said...

truly awesome. and relevant too. thank you for sharing these, p. you are an incredible talent - no trace of a doubt.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home