Tuesday, October 17, 2006

the shed two storey's in the sky

here's a couple more pieces. the nimbus section is the beginning of the sam selection below. the other is just a brief little poem.

NIMBUS

Get.
Get up.
Get up now.
Now
Now
NOW!
Come on.
Move your leg.
Move your leg.
Move your...
Come on.
Move it.
It's not hard.
Move it.
Move your damn leg.
Move it!
Lift and Put down.
Lift and...
Put.
Down.
Lift and...
Move it.
Your left one.
Move it.
Come on.
Come on.
Come on.
Come on.
Move it!
Move it!
Move it!
MOVE IT FUCKEN NOW!
NOW!
NOW!
Move the fucker now.
Move it.
Come on.
Come on.
Come...
On.
Come...
Come...
Come...
Come.
Fine.
Fuck it.
Stay there.
Just go on.
Lie there.
See if I care.
See if I.
Just stay there.
No one's watching.
No one cares.
No one
No...
One.
No...


BREAK UP POME (AFTER ED SMITH)

There used to be a time
i would have shared my toothbrush
now i couldn't care

oh and this is something i started this morning:

ALONE

I wake to find myself lying who knows where.
It's light. Or at least in my eyes it's light.
I have a terrible headache and my mouth is aching.
I worked last night, I think. I don't know days have been blurring lately. Too much to. I'll get on top of it soon I hope.
I hope.
I hope.
I'll get on top of it!
I lift my head. Try and lift my head but I can't. The headaches too much. I'll have to just lie here and wait.
I roll over. Look up. I can see a lamp and some leaves. I'll lay here for awhile, sleep it off.

There's some loud knocking.
I think it's coming from beyond me.
I don't know. With this headache all sounds are reverberating. It could be coming from right in front of me for all i know.
It doesn't really matter. At least now I know that there are other people around and that maybe i can get help. I just have to get up.
I try raising my head again.
One, two, three. I raise it three centimetres and then nothing.
I lay me head back down.
It aches so much now.
I'll give it ten, twenty, thirty minutes and try again.

There's a couple behind me.
I can hear them arguing.
It seems pointless.
They're late to meet someone. A mother, a father. I don't know. Through the headache their voices are muffled.
I try and yell.
Nothing happens.
I try and yell again.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
I hear a car start.
I am left alone.
I stare up at the lamp shade and the branches.
I count to ten.
I have to get up and out of here.

I have made it.
Finally I have made it.
I am sitting on a brick fence.
It is white.
There's a block of flats to my side.
My head is still hurting.
On the ground there is a pile of blood.
I wonder where it came from.
I reach up and touch my face. There's cut's and lacerations all across it.
I look down at my arm.
The stamp is still there.
On my right arm as always.
Wait! This time it's on my left arm.
Something is not right.
My head is hurting more than ever.
I fall.
Face down.
Face flat down I fall.

I am up again.
Sitting not on the fence but on the ground in front of it.
I can see a house in front of me.
Further up the street there is a man walking his dog.
I think of getting up, chasing after him but he's walking too fast.
Besides there is a telephone closer.
When I get the strength I'm going to walk across to that and call home.
9542 4322
9542 4322
9542 4322

...to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home